Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Disciples of Jesus Christ Memorial, Vayikra at Leviticus 3



Leviticus Three: The Peace or Fellowship Offering

God commands the Israelites at the hand of Moses, to bring a peace or fellowship offering from the herd. The word of God came to Moses saying to offer a burn sacrifice from the herd or the flock. A burnt sacrifice from the herd shall be a male or female without blemish. A burnt sacrifice for a peace offering or fellowship offering shall also come from the herd or the flock. Then peace offering or fellowship offering shall be made fire to the LORD, a sweet aroma to the LORD

The Israelites are commanded to bring a PEACE OFFERING OR FELLOWSHIP offering is totally voluntary, and shall come from herd. If he offers a lamb or goat as his offering he shall offer it before the LORD. The offering for the atonement can be from the herd or the flock. However, the burnt offering from the herd or the flock shall be a male or female without defect. The peace or fellowship offering of a herd or the flock must be brought and killed at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD, and then sprinkle the blood of the animal from the herd (Exodus 12:5; Leviticus 1:1-5; Exodus 19:3; Leviticus 3:2,8; Micah 6:8 and Isaiah 52:14-15). Then, the burnt sacrifice shall be burnt by the priest, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savior (Leviticus 1:6-8; Genesis 22:9; Leviticus 3:3,4 and Leviticus 7:23,24; Genesis 8:21).

The manner of the free will burn is expounded in this chapter, with great detail. The burnt sacrifice from the herd is exactly the same manner of the Passover sacrifice, which is a lasting ordinance, at twilight. Remember in today’s society children are still being mutilated and sacrificed at their host makeshift alters. The LORD of Hosts, He is God and there is no other god explicitly forbade any other sacrifice than the commandment to sacrifice a herd or a flock, as a burnt offering before the LORD, so that it will be acceptable to the LORD.

This, the peace offering or fellowship offering shall be a perpetual statue throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood (Leviticus 3:17).


Each sacrifice of the free will offering had one method in common and that is that it is made by fire, and is a sweet aroma to the LORD (Leviticus 1:3,5,11,16 et al). The flock and herd shall be offered at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Then Aarons’ sons the priests, shall sprinkle the blood all around the altar after he, the offeror presented the sacrifice (Leviticus 3:2). The herd and the flock shall be offered by the door of the tabernacle of the meeting. As you will see in this chapter, the animal is an instrument of God, not like the elements that are also instruments of God channeled through the heavens: fire, oil, wind and water. The animal is not a quintessential part of this paradigm but every animal that is a first born from the womb is part of the matrix.

The following scriptures are the Power of God, and are just a few of supporting scriptures about animals in the Bible. Then there is the cross reference of supporting scriptures. Remember there are more scriptures however; this is just a few relevant to the burnt offering sacrifice – per Chapter Three of the book of Leviticus for the memorial portion of the disciple.


References for Disciples of Jesus Christ:

Amos 4:-And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Exodus 13:13 - 13And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem. (Exodus 13:13, King James Version)
 12And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover? (Mark 14:12, King James Version)
 15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. (John 21:15, King James Version)
 6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
 7And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
 8And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. (Isaiah 11:6-8, King James Version)
JOHN 10:1-30
Jesus the True Shepherd
 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
 6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Jesus the Good Shepherd
 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
 13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
 17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
 18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
 19There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
 20And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
 21Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
The Shepherd Knows His Sheep
 22And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
 23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
 24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
 25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
 30I and my Father are one. (John 10:1-30, King James Version)

References:

Leviticus 3:1 : Leviticus 7:11
Leviticus 3:3 : Exodus 29:13, 12
Leviticus 3:5 : Exodus 29:13
Leviticus 3:6 : Leviticus 3:1
Leviticus 3:7 : Numbers 15:4,5
Leviticus 3:8 : Leviticus 1:4; Leviticus 3:2
Leviticus 3:10 : Leviticus 3:4
Leviticus 3:11 : Ezekial 44:7
Leviticus 3:12 : Leviticus 3:1,7
Leviticus 3:16 : Leviticus 7:22-25
Leviticus 3:17 : Genesis 9:4

No comments: